Before heading to Glastonbury I did a bit of DIY including making my own floral garland and some flavoured vodka.
Here's a step by step guide of how you can all make your own before going to a festival this summer.
The Floral Garland
The great thing about making your own floral headband is that you can choose exactly which colours and types of flowers you want to use. Here's a picture of me in the process of making mine.
For the floral garland you will need several bunches of false flowers, garden wire, garden tape and some ribbon, and thats it :)! Much cheaper than buying one online I assure you.
1. Cut three lengths of wire that are of equal length to the diameter of your head and plait the three strips together leaving a loop of wire at each end.
2. Cut off the stem of the flowers using pliers so only 1cm is left under each flower head.
3. Cut a 5" length of the garden wire and remove the plastic coating using scissors. With one end of the wire, poke a hole through the remaining part of the stem of one flower. Thread the wire through the hole until half the length of the wire is on each side of the stem. Now wrap this wire around the plaited wire you made earlier.
4. Repeat step 3 until the plaited wire is covered in flowers like the picture above.
5. As the wire is sharp and creates an uneven surface, now you need to wrap the garden tape around the wire. Wrap the wire as thick as it needs to be to make a smooth surface.
6. Thread the ribbon through the loops you made in step 1 and fasten at the back of your head.
Here is the finished product....
1. Split the skittles into groups of flavours
2. Pour vodka into each of the smaller bottles
3. Add your skittles to the bottles
4. Replace the bottle caps and shake vigorously
5. Leave the bottles overnight for the skittles to dissolve, shaking occasionally
6. Once the Skittles have dissolved you should be left with coloured Vodka, but a layer of white scum will have also formed. This ming must be removed.
7. Pour the Skittles Vodka through a sheet of kitchen paper or a coffee filter using a sieve. This will remove the white layer and leave nothing but tasty Skittles flavoured Vodka.
Here is a picture of me making mine.
Another great option if you don't like skittles is to use werther's originals to make toffee flavoured vodka. My absolute favourite!
Hope these tips will help and you enjoy making your own.
Love Daisy xx